In this week’s Monday Minutes, read about eCommerce food packaging, the changes in the B2B payments landscape, and tips on launching your B2B eCommerce platform.
The New Era Of eCommerce Food Packaging
Have you ever received groceries ordered online and discovered that your potato chips were squashed by the milk? Food manufacturers are increasingly aware of these conundrums and are devising ways to prevent poor customer experiences in today’s anything-on-demand, delivery-centric world. From creating sustainable packaging to selling online to customers directly, see how companies are trying to overcome this problem in the food industry.
3 Ways The B2B Market Is Changing
- Usage of e-payments like Venmo, Paypal, and Zelle to pay for goods is growing quickly. They’re faster and simpler compared to other payment methods.
- Consumers increasingly place a priority on security, so businesses need to do the same when it comes to selecting and implementing payment processing. One survey found that 74% of consumers would choose a payment method ranked #1 in security and fraud protection over reward offers.
- Big data and technology are critical for B2B businesses to survive. Companies need to harness their data and gather insights so they can serve and retain their customers better.
To find out more, click here to read this article.
Tips for B2B eCommerce in Manufacturing
Before launching a B2B eCommerce site, here are 5 steps to take to ensure that you are ready.
- Begin at the end: Use previous historical data to prepare for peak traffic growth.
- Define your schedule: Identify potential bottlenecks and have a clear action plan for your website.
- Plan for support: Be prepared to provide website support in the event of the website crashing.
- The final check: Do a final audit to make sure your website is functioning well and does not have any bugs.
- Have a backup plan: Equip yourself with a list of contingencies in case of any unexpected emergencies.
To get the latest news on inventory management and technology, follow us on Twitter at @SweetTechInc.