What can you look forward to on this week’s Monday Minutes? This week is all about predictions and trends in 2018. We will be looking at trends in the food, supply chain, and cybersecurity industries for 2018.
Food and Nutrition Trends 2018
Here are the top 3 trends we found interesting.
- Blockchain technology: You have probably heard this phrase a million time this past year. But blockchain technology is starting to play an essential role in the food industry with the tracking of food along the whole supply chain.
- Plant-based options: There is an increasing trend of people choosing to eat plant-based meals due to health concerns. Look for businesses to continue to capitalize on this new market.
- Food Waste: Food waste is a huge problem with 40% of food produced for human consumption failing to get consumed. Keep on the lookout for startups transforming undesirable/unconsumed food into new products.
Supply Chain Trends 2018
Here we will take a look at three trends you can expect in the logistics industry.
1.The transportation capacity crunch looks set to continue for now.
2. Internet of Things( IoT) will change and disrupt the supply chain industry.
3. People are looking to automate the order-to-cash process as much as possible.
To find out more supply chains trends for the year, read the full article here.
2018 Cybersecurity Predictions
With more than 50% of small businesses having cybersecurity breaches between 2015 and 2016, the threat of cybersecurity is real. Companies need be aware of how passwords can be easily hacked and result in higher costs for their firm. They need to be mindful of botnets as well as the potential security threat of IoT, with hackers targeting these two areas the most for their hacking schemes.
To get the latest news on inventory management and technology, follow us on Twitter at @SweetTechInc.